Follow our step by step guide on how to reset your Eocdan Air Source Heat Pump.
1. Turn OFF the outside isolator which is located next to the outdoor unit, then turn OFF the inside power switch which should be located in your airing cupboard and labelled 'heat pump' in yellow.
2. Wait for a couple of minutes....
3. Turn back ON the inside switch and then the outside isolator after a couple of
4. Wait for the controller to go through its boot up sequence, the main control panel should
have a progress meter in % on the display.
5. Once % is complete the screen will go blank (only the time & date displayed)
6. Press the power button on the controller.
7. Everything should be ready to function again.
The basic idea is that if the power to the FTC5 is reinstated before the outside unit then it looks for the external unit before there is a signal coming from the Ecodan giving an error code on the controller.